Wireless data transmission

I would make a generator with the coils on the moving bit and the magnets on the fixed bit. The data could use a Bluetooth chip or an optical system.

Reply to
dennis

Nice picture.

amdx

Web search for "slip ring". It can be made reliable. Your version of inexpensive may not expand to match most slip ring suppliers' version of inexpensive, though.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Ah, slip rings. That term escaped me, thanks.

Yes, 3 rings would be enough.

Reply to
Grumps

The power is frequency modulated with 116us period for 1 and 200us for

0 so it's between about 5 and 10kbaud.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Every spinning VCR head assembly works this way, at 20-40MHz IIRC.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

4Mbps Fast IrDA should do the data rate, and the chips and transceivers are off-the-shelf.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Thanks, that looks exactly like what I need.

Reply to
Grumps