Wired door bells revisited

Solved the problem of the lady who wanted a wired door bell in the hall and the garden office.

Installed a wired (via transformer) door bell in hall and used one of these;

into the door bell or bell push & sends a signal to a wireless chime unit.

Works an absolute treat.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Who is a clever boy then?

Reply to
Broadback

The bloke at TLC :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

These wireless doorbells are very useful for use as call buttons for the disabled to summon help. Bellpush in the lavatory for instance, chime in the kitchen.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Byron do something very similar. They *say* don't use it with illuminated bell pushes, but it works with mine. I like the Byron "mains" chimes because I can take one into the workshop or the shed.

Reply to
newshound

Been using them for some time now - we have an olde (reproduction) Georgian "pull" door bell. (Which does confuse people!) and some other traditional push button on the rear door - the chime unit plays 2 different tunes so we know which door to go to..

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson