Who prefers traditional units?

So should I register with a doctor in Wales, so that I can get a free prescription for all drugs that are restricted in England?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I agree. They are the ones that know what they need.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I suppose that that would depend on whether you live in Glamorgan

Reply to
Andy Hall

Why? Because I have an opinion thats different to yours? Do some research.

BMI dates from the early 1800's and takes no account of proportions of fat, muscle, bone, cartilage, water weight etc. In other words it doesn't work for individuals.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No, because you're an idiot.

Hint: One of us has a degree in biochemistry. Further hint: It isn't you.

If you're sufficiently dumb that you fail to take things like that into account when discussing BMI, then more fool you. For the general population BMI is perfectly reasonable measure. It certainly isn't "totally discredited".

Stick to decks, eh?

Reply to
Huge

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Rod saying something like:

I certainly wouldn't be in favour of mass medication along the lines of fluoride. Statins haven't been in use long enough, imo.

I found it got a bit formulaic after the first series (nay, episode) - kid has rare condition, every treatment is tried, it turns out to be a left field cause, bingo - House is the grudging dismissive grumpy hero, again.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

An interesting book on units and measurement is 'Measuring America', by Andros Linklater (IIRC). I think it mentions the France survey, and that one point of their own 'Meridian' is in the grounds to the rear of the 'Moulin Rouge'. The French seemed keen on survey data, and in front of Notre Dame is a bronze disc in the paving, from where all the Routes National were measured from. Each route had a stone every kilometre, with distances to the nearest villages and towns. Lot are gone now, bit of a safety hazard.

Reply to
4square

I certainly wouldn't be in favour of mass medication like fluoride.

House certainly has a formulaic aspect, but somehow it has transcended that and became "must buy DVD" for us.

Reply to
Rod

OK smartass, since you are the font of all knowledge, enlighten me.

I am 1.87m tall and weigh 107 kg. Now what does that tell you, with your alleged degree in biochemistry about me? I'm part of the general population and its a reasonable measure - what am I like?

Your words of wisdom are eagerly anticipated oh wise one.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You're a lardy bastard - but I still have the edge on you ...

Reply to
geoff

You don't have a degree in biochemistry Geoff, so according to Huge you can't possibly have an opinion.....

Lets wait for the master to enlighten us mere mortals.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman