Where can I get a good deal on radiators?

Hello,

I've just had a shock when I was quoted =A31500 for new (basic) radiators for my house.

Can anyone recommend where I can get decent but cheap radiators that can be delivered?

Cheers

Reply to
tvmo

I buy all mine from Screwfix - about £60 each for the size I get:

Bob Mannix

Thanks Bob,

I looked at Screwfix but Plumb World came in cheaper. Any other offers?

Cheers

Reply to
tvmo

=================================== Wickes also deliver subject to conditions.

Check the type of radiator you want before you buy. Some are 'round top' others are more 'boxy'.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Plumb World is still a bit cheaper.

Thanks though.

Reply to
tvmo

Plumbworld is the front for Plumbcentre and their rads are basic but of decent quality.

You order from Plumbworld and your local Plumbcentre deliver. This was handy as they got the order wrong and delivered one wrong and one damaged rad. Replacements arrived within an hour.

Reply to
EricP

You should not be paying more than the screwfix price. A local builders' or plumbers' merchant will deliver on a largish order.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Sorry to have to correct you Eric, but Plumbworld have absolutely nothing to do with Plumbcentre !

Plumbcentre are owned by Wolseley Plc whereas Plumbworld are owned by Grafton Group Plc. (The Group that owns Plumbase, Jacksons and Buildbase)

Plumbworld operates entirely as a stand alone business employing 75 people in the Vale of Evesham. All deliveries are sent directly from the central warehouse with carriers such as business post, City Link or Fragile Transport Ltd.

The Duratherm radiators are made specifically for Plumbworld by a leading European manufacturer and the ten year guarantee is genuine. I would not claim that the radiators are the very best quality available or the very cheapest available, but in terms of value for money, I think they are hard to beat.

James Hickman Managing Director

Ltd A Grafton Group Plc Company

Reply to
PlumbingPages

No, nothing wrong with correction, particularly in a group like this.

It must be my mistaken conclusion as I ordered from World and Centre had the same cataloge details except full prices, and delivered the stuff, so I assumed it was just a retail front end to pacify the Trade.

I was pleased with the instant response to the problems with the order.

Sorry!

Reply to
EricP

Profuse apologies, I must have got totally confused. This was two years ago and I no longer have the paperwork.

You are of course perfectly correct to intervene when an error such as this is being made.

Many thanks.

Reply to
EricP