Wheelie bin style

[88 lines snipped]

Tsk.

Reply to
Huge

Sounds like a mess. So do you get to vote for each one?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Yes and to make it worse some councils elect by thirds, this means that a t hird of councillors are elected every year over a four year cycle (with no elections in the fourth year) and others elect by halves, half of the counc illors are elected every two years. Other local authorities, such as the Lo ndon Boroughs, elect all of their councillors every four years.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Here in East Kent we have Canterbury City Council, elected in one go last year. All councillors will next be re-elected (or not) in 2019. Then we have Kent County Council which will be elected in one go next year.

The city council looks after rubbish collection and the county looks after roads, education, social services (each council looks after a lot of other stuff too).

There are arguments in both directions as to whether Unitary Authorities would be a better way to go. Brighton-and-Hove is one and Medway another, as examples of unitary authorities (i.e. responsible for all services).

Personally I prefer the historic counties but that needn't preclude services being handled by unitaries.

Reply to
Tim Streater

rote:

:

the lorry and

angles (which

t to turn them

he lower your taxes.

gets possessive over "their" bin which is identical to everyone else's and owned by the council anyway.

ouncil estates. Perhaps it's the ones that have bought their house and loo k down on the grotty neighbours?

leaned, so they don't smell.

ce a month but only those bins that they are pains to clean.

ave people come and clean their windows rather than next doors windows.

can mor eeasily tell them apart.

anyway, what's the point ?

was before it was cleaned and given to me, I end up with a clean bin.

Is that because you paid for it or someone else did.

No they don't.

Here's the facts.

from £4 per bin every 4 weeks not every time you use it !. It can;t get clear than that with a sign on the cleaning vehichal

next, polish the insides of your sewer pipe?

It's need when the fat builds up.

Reply to
whisky-dave

rote:

ge

e this, but I've

mechanical arm

ght it wasn't on

to the lorry and

ght angles (which

rry by hand. One

oup, and then he

pretty obvious,

earest the road.

want to turn them

nd the lower your taxes.

who gets possessive over "their" bin which is identical to everyone els= e's and owned by the council anyway.

is council estates. Perhaps it's the ones that have bought their house = and look down on the grotty neighbours?

be cleaned, so they don't smell.

t once a month but only those bins that they are pains to clean.

me have people come and clean their windows rather than next doors windo= ws.

ople can mor eeasily tell them apart.

own anyway, what's the point ?

it was before it was cleaned and given to me, I end up with a clean bin= .

Me, because hte cleaning is done on whatever bin is put in my drive by t= he cleaner.

People stupid enough to get a bin cleaned need to pay for all of them. = After all, they might walk past their neighbour's bin and smell that too= .

hat next, polish the insides of your sewer pipe?

The sewer pipe or the bin?

-- =

A worried father confronted his daughter one night. "I don't like that new boyfriend, he's rough and common and bloody stupi= d with it." "Oh no, Daddy," the daughter replied, "Fred's ever so clever, we've only= been going out nine weeks and he's cured me of that illness I used to g= et once a month."

Reply to
James Wilkinson

I guess having things seperate is better because you can vote a different way for different types of services.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Community Councils were originally called Parish Councils as in England. However they lost their revenue raising powers in the 1920s and were re-named Comunity Councils existing on a grant from the county councils.

Reply to
charles