What are the pins in a three-point-hitch called?

Clevis pins?

Reply to
i.lewis2

Hitch pins or link pins. Some are to be found on ebay.

Reply to
adder1969

I'd go with that - see

Roger Mills

I need to replace some of the pins in a three-point-hitch, these are the pins that link a mower (in our case) to the three-point-hitch on the tractor.

They are typically between 10mm and 20mm diameter and about

100mm long with a flange (or flanges) at one end and a hole for a retaining pin (usually an 'R' clip) at the other end.

I don't know what to search for to find an internet/mail order supplier.

Reply to
tinnews

"link pins" seems to be good, thanks.

Reply to
tinnews

Yes, that's what I'm after, they're not 'proper' three point hitch pins but they'll do fine for my application. The above site sells them on-line and has them in stainless steel too, excellent!

Reply to
tinnews

Would have thought your nearest agricultural supplies place would be better bet. They are quite big lumps of metal thus heavy = high postage...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They are readily available from any agricultural supplier. They come in two sizes, Cat 1 and Cat 2. Cat 2 is bigger. Measure the diameter and length of what you need and they will be able to supply you.

John

Reply to
John

Add a good 13 miles to that for our nearest...

Fairy Nuff. We do go near ours once a week or so. I agree that you don't have to drive far for the vehicle costs(*) to exceed postage costs.

Which might be worth paying for... B-)

(*) At around 50p/mile, if you take into account fuel, insurance, maintenance, depreciation etc. Just fuel is 10 to 15p/mile, unless you run some super economic thing that gives >45mpg.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

My "nearest agricultural supplies place" is about 7 miles away, it's not near anywhere else that I ever go to regularly so that's a 14 mile round trip. The cost of that round trip in vehicle running costs and my time will *far* exceed any postage cost, not to mention that said pins will cost lots more at my "nearest agricultural supplies place" than from suppliers on Ebay for example.

The only advantage of buying locally is that I can get what I want somewhat more quickly.

Reply to
tinnews