what are the odds on that happening?

:o)

But no. She's 92. All I need is a little patience.

Reply to
Huge

Get the 70W halogen equivalents. They're just as good (though more expensive of course).

I see there are now 100W (150W equivalents) available.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

In message , Richard Tobin writes

Ta, not seen those before, I'll give them a try when the box of 20 standard bulbs I've just ordered runs out, or maybe there'll be LEDs by then . . .

Anyone comment on the quality of the light from the 70W halogens?

Reply to
bof
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Anyway, even the energy-saving bulbs will be out of date before you can turn round.

LEDs are the future, just keep your incandescents going a bit longer.

Reply to
®óñ© © ²°¹°

They're bright point sources, subjectively a higher colour temperature than traditional incandescents. IMO Halogens are not quite so flattering as trad. but they're MUCH better than CFLs. I haven't yet tried them with a dimmer.

Reply to
Sn!pe

Seems much the same as from traditional bulbs to me.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

Maybe I'll give them a go, I seem to see better at a higher colour temp

Reply to
bof

Nah, even LEDS will be out of date before you can turn round

Electroluminescent panels are the future..

no,....;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I asked at my local electrical supplier, not many weeks ago, about how much longer I could buy real bulbs and they told me that it would be as long as they could order them. Coupled with this is something I picked up last year, that industry can still buy them after they are removed from the shed shelves.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

bof set the following eddies spiralling through the space-time continuum:

It's a conspiracy. They know you got 'em and They'll keep pumping power glitches down the line (obviously, that's what happened to the two bulbs in question) until your entire stock have all popped. They'll get you in the end, They'll force you to comply.

Reply to
Prai Jei

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Willy Eckerslyke saying something like:

Like 'rough service lamps'. They last for ever, too.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Prai Jei writes

Ah that explains the van with the blacked out windows and the big cables out the back, that was parked outside at the time

Reply to
bof

A loophole. It's bloody difficult to read (amendment upon amendment), but I'm told that if you actually put it all together, there's no valid offence for the light bulbs part because they screwed it up. However, IANAL.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

AMOLED

Reply to
Andy Dingley

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

So that's just for ES and not bayonet connections then

Reply to
geoff

Halogen is cold and harsh compared to incandescant.

Should be OK provided you don't dim them to much or run them dimmed for long periods. Halogens need to run hot to keep the tungsten cycle going, if run too cold the tungsten deposits on the inside of the envelope.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've read that many times - but doesn't seem to have happened here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

dimmed

I've seen halogens with a decidedly silver grey film on the inside of the envolope. These would have been on heavyly dimmed for >12hrs day in a studio control room though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice