Water Softener

I'm planning on fitting a new kitchen and would like to put in a water softener whilst I'm redoing all the pipes. Are they all the same or can anyone recommend one over another? (Any good links anyone?)
thanks
JB
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:48:47 -0000, John Biddiscombe wrote:

break the bank --> http://tinyurl.com/2dpgx
It's done well so far, only downside was an engineer warranty visit due to it dumping the contents of the brine over the garage floor due to a faulty seal.
Regards, Steve