Waste pipe strap boss

I need to fit a strap boss onto a stack to accomodate a 32mm waste pipe, the stack is pvc but been around a few years, are all stacks a standard size ?
And what size hole do I drill in the stack for the 32mm pipe?

is easiest to use is the one that goes around the stack pipe completely and then is held into position with a simple bolt. this type requiring no glue to weld in place, only a bead of silicon. be aware also that most have a top side it is important as it only sits correctly on the stack pipe one way up, due to a small angle which may not be obvious. the size of the hole varies and is best measured when you buy the boss regards bob

and use _lots_ of solvent (for the boss to soil pipe connection)!