Wasp !!!!!

Sitting down, minding my own business when a sodding big wasp buzzes in. On the basis all doors and windows are shut, I suspect it's found a way in from the loft - probably through the weird slatted wooden ceiling[1] we inherited over the breakfast area. It's insulated above, but there is a path to the loft through it.

So I take it any wasps in my loft haven't died off :(

[1]terribly 60s
Reply to
Jethro

It'll be a queen. I find them from time to time in really odd places. two in the house this autumn, the previous year it was one in the greenhouse, one in a stack of overturned plant pots and another under a mat of ivy on a wall. Never seen a nest nearby for about three years locally but they still pester the hell out of my honey bees.

One dead wasp queen now = a few thousand less wasps later this year=more honey bees = more honey = more money :)

Reply to
The Other Mike

Hibernating queen woken up by the unseasonably warm weather. I killed one a couple of weeks ago that came in with the firewood.

Reply to
Huge

Found one in my dinghy on Saturday. It's kept outdoors, unheated, and was last used just before Xmas. So she was flying about sometime in the last month. Ridiculously warm.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ