Wasp

My neighbor has wasps that have made a home between the shingles on his roof. About a month ago we tried a product called No-Pest Wasp & Hornet Killer (tralomethrin, cl--trans Allethrin ??) but now they are back with a vengeance. It appears we're not getting in-between far enough to get to their home. Normally I wouldn't worry about them but they are in a high traffic area between our houses. They are coming out on the side, between the roof and the shingles. Is this something a professional has to do or is there a product we can p/u that will persuade them to leave or maybe just croak? They are just normal looking wasp. Large yellow and black. I live in Central Texas.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
jthread

Well the product you have will eventually make them move(maybe just two feet over from where they are entering the shingles now or die out, but the formulation of the product you would have to probably spray the area every other day for a week? for a month?(depends on the actual number of nests and the sizes of the nests up there) to keep a repelling/killing residual. Doubtful that even though they are in a high traffic area they would become a risk factor unless the neighbor was going to have some roof work in that area or when Winter comes he may have some find their way inside the structure.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

Considering the potential danger they pose in my family, have members allergic, I would get good pest person in.

tom @

Just Joshin