Washing machine waste

I need to plumb a washing machine in a new extension, there's a gully in the right place outside but I'm wondering if there's a better looking solution than just poking a bit of white plastic pipe through a hole and down into the gulley.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Oops, forgot to say that I'd like to avoid having a standpipe for the waste, is there any other way to provide the anti-siphon function?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Apart from digging up the ground and inserting a new concealed drainage connection, you could try poking a bit of grey plastic pipe through a hole and down into the gulley. White is just too obvious.

It can share a trap with another vented appliance, such as a sink. I don't know if you'd get enough flow to make an air admittance valve work.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Take the piping upwards, before bending downwards, and at the bend, attach a pipe a couple of meters long pointing upwards.

This can't siphon.

Reply to
Ian Stirling