Warmfront is a scam.

Are you employed? Is that joint income? Probably if yes.

Reply to
dennis

Almost certainly Working Tax Credit and if you have kids Child Tax Credi= t. I think WTC stops with a total household income of something over 16k or=

17k. CTC doesn't seem to be affected in the same way.

The problem is you can very easily end up in the "poverty trap". You wor= k your socks of to get an extra 2k of pay which makes your WTC or other benefits drop so you loose a significant amount of that hard earned 2k. =

Why bother working your socks off in the first place if HMG will give yo= u

2k for doing nothing...

My WTC was about =A3200/month, my income went up by about 2k. WTC droppe= d to =A370/month. Net result I'm only =A3440/year better off despite *doing t= he work and earning* an extra =A32000/year.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A poorer family is simply one who have less money than a richer family. I am not talking about absolute wealth, hence the use of the word "poorer" rather than "poor".

The point I was making is that this benefit is only partially means tested. Hence it is unfair since some *poorer* people are subsidising some *richer* people.

You point about some people wasting their money is not relevant.

I never said that only poor people work hard.

Income is not the only factor in wealth or taxation. I can easily imagine two families on the same income, paying the same level of taxation. One family (say a couple) has paid off their mortgage and have no dependents. They are retired and will get full benefit from the warmfront scheme. Another family is paying rent/mortgage and has several children to support. Both parents work and they get no state benefits. The latter family have less available money but get no warmfront help, yet they will be contributing to the scheme.

This is different from taxation IMHO. It is a specific charge taken via your fuel bill to fund one scheme.

Reply to
Mark

But they will benefit when they are old.

Reply to
dennis

What scheme can one get 90% off cavity all insulation?

Reply to
Mark

Something I got in the post. I binned it with the rest of the junk, I have had cavity wall insulation for 28 years. It may have been from one of the electricity suppliers but it may have been someone else. You will have to look around for the best offer. I remember it was about £120 for a semi which is less than I paid but I have saved a lot more than that.

Reply to
dennis