Wall Mounted Bath Taps

Help !!

I have purchased a set of Deva Vision Wall Mounted Bath Mixer Taps, an am having difficulty getting advice from anyone on the correct way t install them. I obviously need to channel the wall to accept th recessed pipe work, but I am concerned on how to secure the taps an pipework onto the wall. I have read somewhere to use gardens ta elbows, which seems agood item, but is there a correct way out ther somewhere.

Also, once I recess the pipes, how do I correctly fill the gaps aroun the pipes so I can then tile over them. Again, I have read soemwher to use expanding foam and then plaster.

I would greatly appreciate an experts opinion.

Robin

-- rsimpson23

Reply to
rsimpson23

I assume the tap has 3/4" BSP threaded (male) tail pieces which connect via unions with rubber or fibre washers to the body of the tap, just like a telephone-type bath mixer tap.

I'd set wall-plate elbows (like those used for garden taps except you'll need 3/4" x 22mm) into the wall at a suitable depth, attached with a screw or 2 if possible to give some rigidity while the plaster sets, and plaster them in with 1-coat plaster. Obviously, test the pipework for leaks before plastering everything up! You'll can probably plaster up with the taps attached but I guess you'll need to remove the taps and tails to tile and then refit them when done, so leave a little gap around the female socket of the elbow to allow yourself to reinsert the tap tails all bound up with PTFE tape when you finally refix them.

Reply to
John Stumbles