Covering Pipes ..... wall mounted

2off vertical mounted 15mm dia for the radiator in the bathroom look unsightly coming down the corner of the wall. So, Anyone got any suggestions other than knocking up a wooden box/cladding and painting it?
Reply to
RW

Brasso them!

Reply to
John

John used his keyboard to write :

Then you will need to varnish them to retain the finish :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

That's womans work !!! Not included in design.........and alongside cleaning the grate !

Reply to
RW

The Medway Handyman

I had the same problem in my lounge and I used 2" x 1" plastic trunking to box mine in with and it looks OK Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

I believed I used some type of square section guttering or down pipe with the back cut out at a previous house.

Bit of a game making a neat job where it met the cornice. I believe I fixed it with frame sealant or some sort of overpaintable flexible sealant.

If you can get suitable trunking and fit it to the wall properly all well and good. If you have to fit something larger like I did and seal it to the wall use something flexible to allow for thermal expansion

Reply to
Invisible Man

why not do it with one flat piece of wood across the corner so its an angled corner -?

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

(Buildbase supplied) The problem with that one is the radius is quite large in comparison.

I might try

Dave.

Happy New Year

Reply to
RW

Unless the pipes were installed with doing that in mind - ie, one pipe either side of the actual corner - the length of wall which bears pipes will extend quite a way from the corner, so it would need to be a pretty wide plate of wood to cover them diagonally, and would look pretty odd IMHO.

David

Reply to
Lobster