Walking washing machine

Hi I've just finished laying laminating flooring in my kitchen. How do I stop my washine machine escaping from the kitchen? I've already tried a piece of underlay but that's no good.
Jackie
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 12:32:32 +0100, "Jackie"

Get a better washing machine might be one answer.
Seriously, cheaper washing machines tend not to be dampened as well as the more expensive jobs, so if your washing machine is towards the cheaper end of the market that might be a starting point.
We had cheaper washing machines years ago and they didn't soft-start, the drum was switched on and off without being slowly accelerated and decelerated. And changing speeds suddenly can make them leap about a bit.
Andrew

How old is the machine ? Is it making thumping noises as it goes into a spin ?
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:54:25 +0100, "James Salisbury"

One problem which may arise from this is that if the washing machine frame gets into secure mode (i.e. it doesn't move) it could knock six bells out of the washing machine main bearings.
You have to look at the root cause of the problem rather than the effect. And in this case it may well be that the washing machine is a cheap-and-cheerful make.
I should add - it may not be, in which case further analysis would be required.
Andrew
Jackie wrote:

The Japanese have been trying for years to make a machine walk... best to sell your machine to them so they can check it out ;)

Or Kevin Warwick
--
geoff