Very small quantity of sand and cement needed

In that case, the 5Kg you'd bought several years back would have got good use!

If it's 'proud', then shouldn't you be taking away material, not adding it? In any case I would just have used a handful of earth, or sand if there's any about.

Reply to
BartC

Steal the sand from a neighbour's kids sandpit:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

But nobody sells 1/2 kg, so buy the 5kg size and keep the rest in the dry somewhere for the next time you need 1/2 kg. It won't go bad

Reply to
stuart noble

I didn't buy 5kg, but only enough for the job in hand.

Well, yes, but that's a little bit Heath Robinson, isn't it? Plain sand or earth will wash out over time.

MM

Reply to
MM

And the cement, clever clogs?

MM

Reply to
MM

Perhaps exterior filler then. But it's more expensive, weight-for-weight, than mortar.

(BTW the paving bricks on my drive seem to be bedded in sand. The sand is still there.)

Reply to
BartC

That's because the paving is *interlocking* ! Try putting just one paving brick on a bed of sand and see how long it lasts.

MM

Reply to
MM

I thought the Pharaohs did pretty well with that.

Reply to
grimly4

"Adam's invited us round for a mixer, darling."

Reply to
grimly4

Very small quantity of sand

Reply to
rajrashmi1989

Chris Hogg

Pinch it from the beach.

Reply to
FMurtz

I was going to suggest the local kid's playground

tim

Reply to
tim...

Two arabs are riding across the desert when they see a beautiful woman buried in it it.

'Help Help' she screams 'help me'

"What's > Very small quantity of sand

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I thought that was legal

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

John Rumm

Petshop?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not every country has more than 8 out of 10 people within 50km of a beach :) If the OP's really in Ranchi it could be a long round trip.

Reply to
Robin

If he is really in ranchi WTF is he doing posting to uk.d-i-y?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Playpit sand is rounded particles to do least damage in eyes, and probably makes a rather weak mortar as a result.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel