Vertical Blinds - Any ideas?

Hi,
Does anyone know a good online supplier of vertical blinds? I need to buy quite a few and they do seem quite costly for what they are.
All suggestions appreciated. Alternatively please feel free to warn me of any cowboys to avoid.
Thanks,
Martin.

Cheaper to make your own from a curtain rail with pull along and lengths of material sewn around bit of dowelling rod. Our windows are way to long for the normal bought blinds so we had to make our from scratch. We got plain heavy cotton curtain material and cut it into strips. Sew a pouch in each end to take a piece of dowel as a weight and fixing point. Got a cheap curtain rail system and used little cup hooks in the centre of the dowel to attach it to the rail eyes. Works greats and was as cheap as chips compared to the systems we've seen in the shops.

How do you adjust the "angle of dangle" ?

of
With bits of string on the ends of the top dowel rods.

Does this qualify as being "good" & "online" ? It's Argos - seems to be one of the few places these days which doesn't insist on fitting them for you at your expense and their profit.
http://www.shoppingonlineshops.co.uk/item-4ft%20Vertical%20Blind%20Head%20Rail..html
http://www.shoppingonlineshops.co.uk/item-8ft%20Vertical%20Blind%20Head%20Rail..html
Haven't tried them myself - too much trouble moving my PCs, scanner, printers etc. from the alcove where they're needed!
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK
Martin wrote:

www.blinds.co.uk
Not /exactly/ on-line, but they do have details on-line, are based around the East London and Essex area, and were incredibly helpful when I was looking for a venetian blind recently. You can order by phone, or visit their shops.
No idea how they stackup on price, although I did think that the venetians were reasonable.
Regards Paul

Thanks for the info.
I have looked at the Argos blinds and I ended up taking them back. They have the "wand" to adjust the angle but no cord to retract them. From what I understand you have to drag them across by hand. The deciding factor was though that you can't remove surplus slat holders (for want of a better name) if the blind needs to be narrowed. The vast majority of the blinds I need to fit will need to be narrowed extensively.
Perhaps I'm being a bit too pedantic but I may change my mind if I can't find anything cheaper. Argos is about half the price of the next cheapest supplier.
I also did consider trying make something myself but ruled it out due to the number of poxy blinds I need to fit.
Cheers,
Martin.
Surplus slat holders can be removed from Argos blinds. IIRC simply carefully remove the end retainer spire clip and either clip the plastic link joining the slat holders( this makes them scrap!!) or persuade the link to slide out of the next slat holder. It's fiddly but can be done. A small flat tool may need to be made to help the slats disconnect. Regards Capitol

me
I have ordered from www.blinds-on-line and they were very good
Angela