Vax Power 7 Pet Bag less capacity 4 Ltr vacuum cleaner.

Hi all,

I have a Vax Power 7 Pet Bag less capacity 4 Ltr vacuum cleaner.

2400 watts - 380 Air Watts with an Antibacterial HEPAH21 Filter.

I realise the HEPAH21 Filter is to remove the very fine particulars of dust.

But when cleaning up after DIY jobs it soon becomes blocked and is messy to clean by tapping it onto a surface to remove the dust within.

For these types of job could I remove the filter for the bulk of cleaning up?

Then re fit it to finish off, or could this cause damage to the motor?

I do try and pick the bulk of any dust up with a brush and pan first.

Mick.

Reply to
Mick.

Most of the dust will just blow back in the room, as the filter is what traps it and stops it being blown back in. You will damage the motor if you remove the filter which is BEFORE the motor (which usually won't be HEPA grade) but the one after the motor is to ensure that finer dust that makes it way through the pre-motor filter isn't exhausted back in the room. Why not get a separate filter for DIY tasks or indeed make your own cyclonic separator like this...

gremlin_95

around =A340 for use as a DIY vacuum. Two models one with a power socket and when power is drawn from that socket the vac switches on the stops automagically 10s or so after the power stops being drawn.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

around £40 for use as a DIY vacuum. Two models one with a power socket and when power is drawn from that socket the vac switches on the stops automagically 10s or so after the power stops being drawn.

Reply to
Mick.

When it dies, check the spade connectors on the motor. Once I got the replacement under guarantee I investigated the old one (VAX do not require it to be returned) and now have two fully working ones :-)

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q