valliant828e

hi guys new here and new to this boiler just wanted to know that if

use hot water when the ch is on in the house should the ch cut off while the hot water is on ?is this normal or have i got a duff boiler?

any help would be great guys

jaiiiiiiiiii

-- mrjai66

Reply to
mrjai66

The boiler is fine, but I'm not so sure about your English teacher.

Reply to
Andy Hall

dont worry , it is working normally ,

the boiler can only do one thing at a time , when you turn on the tap , the diverter valve sends the system wate through the DHW heat exchanger instead of around the system (rads) , hope this explains it

-- Tony

Reply to
Tony

In message , mrjai66 writes

Heating the hot water supply requires a lot more heat than CH. The boiler diverts all its heat output to hot water

Normal operation

Reply to
raden

does this mean that when i lets say run a bath for 15 mins or have shower the rads will go slightly cold ? just asking because when i use the hot water for lets say 10 mins or s the feel coldish ,so this must be the only draw back with combis also would i get this problem with a thermostatic shower as i am thinkin of fitting one ?

many many thanks for your help guys

jaiiiiiiiii

-- mrjai66

Reply to
mrjai66

In message , mrjai66 writes

Yup

There's a diverter valve which diverts all the heat to the hot water.

Unless you have your doors and windows open, you shouldn't really notice the change in temperature

Reply to
raden

Yes however long hot water is drawn the heating will go off for. Its not the only drawback of combies, others include taking 15 minutes to fill a bath :(

Reply to
Zip 1

Yep. But this is generally not a problem unless the CH ahas only just come on. If so just alter the timer to put the heating on earlier.

Yes, whenever the boiler is doing HW it won't do the radiators (unless there is a fault - but I'm fairly sure you cant get half & half with this model).

Reply to
Ed Sirett

are there any other models which will heat water and heating at th same time?ie ecomax 837

thanks jaiiiiii

-- mrjai66

Reply to
mrjai66

No (correctly working) combi I know of does CH and HW at the same time. If this is such an issue for you (and you can't work around it with the time clock as I suggest) then you'll have to have a stored HW system (cylinder). Or a multi-point and a CH boiler (which together will use most of your gas supply).

Reply to
Ed Sirett