urgent help needed to save me from swmbo

To cut a long story short I am trying to decorate a bedroom today as a surprise for my partner. It is now 3 pm and I have until midnight tonight to complete (or at least to do walls ceiling and undercoat on wood.
The walls are BLACK! and I was using the polycell base coat to cover it, and I have completed this base coat. It has done a great job of covering up the black and ordinarily I would paint the silk emulsion on top and everything would be going to plan. HOWEVER unknown to me there must have been ink writing on th eblack walls, which although invisible on the black is now bleeding through the white. What can I do?
There is insufficient time for a second white base coat (4 hours between coats) and anyway it seems to bleed through regardless of the thickness of the first white coat.
Should I just hope the emulsion will cover it? Is there some other covering I could put on it which dries quickly?
Help????
p.s. The polycell base coat says it is for walls. Why not ceilings as well? I have a black ceiling to cover, can I use this base coat or should I just use lots and lots of ordinary emulsion.
Richard wrote:

Strong pva/water mix (1:3) should do it.
--
Grunff

And there's no reason why you shouldn't use the base coat on the ceiling.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Richard wrote:

I've used shellac for this. It's very effective, and dries quickly.
Sheila

Nice suggestion. I'll just add that sanding sealer is shellac if you're ina hurry.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:13:37 +0100, Peter Ashby

Knotting is also shellac and can be bought in small bottles
Paul Mc Cann

What does the writing say? Just curious :)
Suz wrote:

"DO NOT PAINT THIS WALL"
:-)

mene, mene, tekel upharsin
(signed)
SWMBO

Nanoo Nanoo toyou too. :-))
snipped-for-privacy@MICHAELbtinternet.com says...

Given all that hard work trying to cover black paint when the writing is on the wall he must be worth more than 126 shekels.
Juliette
--
nowt