uPVC Windows Installer To Toe And Heel Door

I need an installer to fix a 'sloppy' installation of a recent porch.

Porch door has dropped as it wasn't 'toe and heeled'.

Does anyone have any good contacts for the West Midlands area.

or

Should I have a go myself? Where would I get the necessary spaces from?

This link looks worthy:-

recomemnd this guide? difficult for 1 person??

Is there a likelihood that I'll damage the door beading, ie once in it stays in..etc...any special tools??

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Darren

"Darren" wrote

I have a recently installed patio door that dropped. Installer came back to sort it (insolent chap who upset the Mrs quite unnecessarily). It's dropped again, so I don't know if the problem is the fixing of the frame or weak/badly adjusted hinges!

What does this toe-and-heel expression mean, I've seen it before but not understood.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

All explained in the link which you snipped from the previous post you quoted!

Dvaid

Reply to
Lobster

"Lobster" wrote

Thanks Lobster, missed that completely - dodo springs to mind! (No further adjectives required thank you)

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

If it's dropped again, my bet is he never fixed it the first time, ie they don't usually drop again...

Unless the installer was FENSA registered (unlike mine :( ) it's most likely installed wrong....there isn't much that can go wrong, but the 'toe and heeling' most 'have a go' fitters don't even know about...

My installer keep giving me the 'i've adjusted the hinges story..or i will adjust again etc...' when they basically didn't have a clue....

It wasn't until I carried out research (measurements corner to corner etc) that I figured out what the issue was.....

Really annoying...but I might as well ask one of my Cats if I'm to ask the builder to correct it.....and he's now incommunicardo....as it were..

I'm interested to have a go myself, but don't want to be in the situation of having the replace any snapped beading etc.....just how difficult is it, How To's and write-ups are all very well, but sometimes small-detail is left out.

Reply to
Darren

Also, whats the best place to buy the 'packers' from? And what sort do I need ????

Reply to
Darren