uPVC Door Lock

Hi,

I had a problem with my front door this morning, in that when I put the key in the lock and turned to unlock the door opened but I couldn't get the key out. The key turned fine but looks as if it needs to turn about another 3 degrees.

I can lock the door fine and get the key out but its on opening that the problem occurs. I have tried on both sides of the door too and the same thing happens.

One other detail. Yesterday when I arrived home from work the door was locked and the keys were in the lock on the inside. I put my keys in the lock on the outside and turned and noticed it felt a bit stiff to turn. The door evenutally opened though and the key came out.

Could I have done something to offset the lock at this point?

Thanks Simon

Reply to
Wolverine

A common problem, it's because you opened it from one side with a key still inserted in the other. In effect the cam that throws the bolt is 180 degrees out, try reversing what you did though I would suggest trying it with the door open.

Reply to
Scabbydug

wd40 into the lock. if there is still a problem then remove the lock and check for debris that may be obstructing the mechanism

Reply to
jack

Thanks Scabbydug, worked a treat!!!

Reply to