Unwanted Christmas Presents.

Yup - I use mine a lot. Much easier to clean than a grille pan. Faster than an ordinary grille too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Try the "luxury" McCain oven chips cooked in beef dripping. Chips like I remember as a kid. Expensive for some reason, but well worth it.

Reply to
stuart noble

looks a LITTLE too much like real spam also, i actually know many males that would think this was fascinating. you can make it yourelf. just fry up the potatoes after you've made a beef meal and use the drippings from that, can't imagine why it would be costly. If there's not enough fat left over add some other kind the taste of which you like. lard is lard

Reply to
Ala

And dripping is dripping. Cheap enough, so why the oven chips are so expensive is a mystery. They are packaged in foil like kettle chips so maybe they're more expensive to produce. For the amount I eat I'm not prepared to have a chip pan and fat hanging about the place.

Reply to
stuart noble

The food cost of a box of chips is, ext field, about 5p.

All the rest is the wages of all the people who turn a basic potato into a pre packaged 'consumer experience'

we cook our own chips....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

With your record, I'm not sure that's advisable :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

what record would that be then?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ok it's the 25th - Happy Xmas one and all - so I think time to start a competetion for this year's dodgiest gift.

I'll open the bidding with my brand new Aldi nose/ear hair trimmer (complete with helpful warning "Caution - do not push too far up nose or down ear canal")

(I'm sure there must be a practical d-i-y use for the thing, but I just haven't worked it out yet.)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I need one of those...apparently

Reply to
stuart noble

Hmm, "apparently" so do I ;(

Reply to
Lobster

Once you pass the age of 50 to 55, you will find a lot of use for it. Some hair that looks like it is speeding up is the stuff in your nose and ears, while the hair on your head dosn't. I even have it growing out of the edges of my ear lobes :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

A real man plays a blowtorch flame over the offending parts...

Reply to
Tim Watts

No, that's a job for the angle grinder.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

other posts where you indicate you've not had an uneventful life

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I don't have any gas at the moment, but you are right, that is the best method and it doesn't burn if you get the pass fast enough.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

No! I have just shaved my second go at creating a beard off today. It is just too soft and floppy to respond the the trimmer. Angle grinder would have snagged the hair and burnt my nose :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

You could have tried a Fein Multimaster.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

This is what I like so much about this ng. There is always an amusing answer to be had, no matter what you post.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave