Uni-Com BZ149 "Listening Light" devices, odd behaviours

Recently, a Uni-Com BZ149 "Listening Light" device (bought in Aldi) developed odd behaviour, namely, when it times out and switches the light off, it switches on again almost immediately. Has been in use three years. Using a normal tungsten 100-W bulb for about the last year; I had previously suspected it (the sound sensitive switch) of shortening the life of a long-life (mini fluorescent) bulb.

I replaced the device with another (bought last year, i.e. not same batch). This one has two faults: (a) the same as the former /at night/; (b) it thinks it is dark for most of the day, but, during daytime it does function 'properly' otherwise. (Actually, I have tried /two/ new devices, and both behave similarly!)

Since there are no settings to be done, there are limitations on what one can do wrong.

Any suggestions?

Jon C.

Reply to
jg.campbell.ng

replying to jg.campbell.ng, Brendan. Byrne Glasnevin Dublin wrote: Try a lesser watt bulb as I've had a 149 for years most satisfactory until a smoke alarm started squeaking one night causing the 149 to go on repeatedly which blew it, can't find a replacement

Reply to
Brendan. Byrne Glasnevin Dubl

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Yes that mickey mouse interface only sorts to months not years, though it has to be said that the year is actually displayed but there are none so blind as those who do not actually look, lulled into a false sense that the system knows best. a dangerous course. I'm sorely tempted if I could to actually block all whom owners club posts but as like I am many do post replies that is not going to work. Has anyone actually tried to contact the admin of that site, or maybe the great and the good who are in charge of usenet could bar them at server level until they comply with basic criteria? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff