Behaviours, etc.

The seminal groundwork by (William) Grey Walter at the Burden Institute ("The Living Brain"*****) suggests that the origin of behaviour is an alpha wave oscillator that regularly pulses the feedback neural network that is the human brain; those alpha waves disappearing under the flood of echoes.

In my thinking, that pulsing acts as a gate for input stimuli.

What interests me is the chemical soup that must flood the brain to fix short term memories into long term memories. eg, sometimes when I wake up, I have vivid memories of my dreaming that stay with me and on other occasions I cannot remember anything other than that I have been dreaming.

***** First read this book nearly 60 years ago, as a pre-teenage youngster, when the Machina Speculatrix triggered my interest in cybernetics, and I do remember at age 16 in 1967 getting a copy of Wiener's book.

</WAFFLE> :-)

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

Sorry, went scurrying to my bookcases. It wasn't Wiener's book, but that of Guilbaud, "What is Cybernetics?"

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

that's OK we all knew that .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oh, had I mentioned it before?

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

pass

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Doesn't explain specific behaviours. People don't just 'behave' (except in the pronouncements of primary schoolteachers).

That is a matter of how soon after dreaming you wake, and how much you think about the dream while waking; dreams are rapidly forgotten, unlike waking experiences.

Reply to
Max Demian