tv aerial-cable trouble

I needed to add a tv aerial extention and needed to use a female-female connector in order to connect two lengths of co-axial that I already had. I connected them up today (using a cheap connector bought on the net) and my tv signal booster stopped working. Is this a coincidence or could the adapter have shorted it /reversed the polarity or something? Changed the fuse in the booster to no avail. What should I try next? Many thanks.

Reply to
beamoocher

I fail to see how a female to female connector could do what you suggest . Sonds more like connector is faulty in some way .Can you try it on another length of cable ..maybe to another set .? Did you try connecting the two cables together by joining the outer and inner conductors directly together. Was the fuse in the booster blown ...did you check it .??

Reply to
Stuart

Thanks for your reply. Yes, checked / changed fuse twice! the booster is definitely broken and happened suspiciously around the time of connecting the new equipment. I will try the connector on other equipment but don't really want to break anything else.

Reply to
beamoocher

Just connect it to a TV directly from the aerial . That won't break anything .At worst you'll get a crap picture or none at all

Stuart