Triton T50i shower cold'ish

our shower packed in this morning its a Triton T50i it works but the water is barley luke warm, I think one of the elements might have gone. Any ideas as to the best place for spare parts and a likely cost? Is it likely to be one of the elements? Reducing the flow rate does warm the water up slightly.

Reply to
Kerry Hoskin

On Wed, 26 May 2004 22:04:09 +0100, "Kerry Hoskin" strung together this:

Give Triton spare parts division a call, I can't remember the number off hand but it's on the instruction book somewhere. I usually use them, they're reasonably priced and good at delivery.

It does sound like it could be, it could be the overheat cutout that has gone open circuit but they're usually commoned across both elements. It might be worth just whipping the cover off and testing it, if you know how.

Reply to
Lurch

This should help you out:

coincidence, I've just bought a new heater tank from them for a totally different application than a shower. The site is very helpful.

Reply to
BigWallop

Important question..... Has there been a slight smell of electrical overheat from the shower in the last few days?

If so the problem is likely to be one of the internal on/off switches burning out. Either one of the two little pressure-sensing microswitches (the most likely) or the overtemperature safety switch in the boiler assembly.

Those little pressure-sensitive microswitches are required to switch an outrageously high current (about 19A for one, and 12A for the other afair) and this makes them the weak point in the design, with a guaranteed limited life.

So check these first if possible... the most obvious sign would be that the leads to a microswitch have melted their pvc insulation (as the switch overheated).

Even if you do go for a new boiler assembly it would be prudent to fit new microswitches at the same time.

Reply to
Tony Williams

not going to bother now, my other half went and got a replacement in Homebase for £35.

I'm planning on putting in a new bathroom next year and will stick in a mix shower then, so all this is just a bit of a pain up the arse.

Cheers

Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Hoskin

In article , Kerry Hoskin writes

T50i is no longer supported and was obsoleted by T60. I have an even older T50 which I am trying to get swapped out once all the other stuff in the bathroom caused by poor bath seal is seen to