Towel Rad Valves

I wish to put a wall mounted towel rad in the bathroom, All the ones I've seen in B&Q seem to have the valves pointing forward, away from the wall, I have a 4 year old daughter who would undoubtedly knock against these ( ouch! ).. Is there any alternative valves that point downwards and are therefore not sticking out..

.. Tony

Reply to
Tony

Mine used standard radiator valves and these point out to the sides. Inlet and outlet of the rad were on the bottom.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

The valves aren't usually included, although B&Q may have a policy of supplying them, I don't know. You can usually point them in any direction when you install them. Or do you mean you want right angle valves that don't jut out?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I suppose I mean ones that run parallel to the wall, are these right angled?

.. Tony

Reply to
Tony

Assuming that the connections in the towel rad face downwards, if you use in-line valves like

and take the pipes straight down through the floor, you can rotate the valve body about a vertical axis to face in any direction you like - including pointing at each other within the plane of the radiator if you wish.

If the ones you saw stuck out into the room, they must have been right-angled ones - more like

- configured to take the pipes straight back through the wall.

Reply to
Set Square

Yep, looks like the latter, I'm intending the CH pipes to be comming from the wall ( I've been told by the missus ).. Looks like I'll just have to accept that they will stick out a little,

Anyhows I'll look for some low profile valves..

Cheers

.. Tony

Reply to
tony

You can actually get some valves which have compression joints both ends - so you can choose which bit connects to the supply pipe and which bit to the radiator tail. [So on a conventional rad with horizontal connections, the handwheel can either face upwards, or out sideways].

If you use this sort on your towel rad, you should be able to end up with the gubbins facing downwards within the plane of the rad rather than out into the room.

Reply to
Set Square

Indeed. I happen to have exactly this situation. I want my new rad tails to go into the wall (to make an easier job when fitting the oak flooring). The valves I have bought are compression both ends, so that the valve head can stick out sideways. I don't know if all valves are like this these days.

However, mine were

CP Wheel Head/Lock Shield Valve(Reference #87)

In case you are looking for a suitable part.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle