TOT about driving conditions the week

R. Thanks for that, I hadn't considered it.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

cf ground frost vs air frost.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, oddly enough it was a bloke. He looked like Jack Straw.

Sadly true, but when in the passenger seat my wife claims that if I get closer than 800 metres to the car in front I'm driving too close.

Apparently they ran out of salt. They are making all sorts of excuses, but "we're a useless bunch of jobsworths", the real reason, hasn't featured yet.

Reply to
Steve Firth

But supermarket car parks don't have pedestrian crossings. They might have white stripes painted across a part of them, but that does not constitute a valid pedestrian crossing. It only mimics a zebra crossing. No Belisha beacons involved.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

My local Sainsbury has Belisha beacons in their car park.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Story I heard was that treat it like a 4x4 - slow, lumbering, doesn't care about mud - and it will do a good job. Try to power slide it on dry tarmac and you are in deep trouble.

Too many drivers didn't understand that.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Sorry, I forgot about the Marines. Daughter lives in a maisonette that must have housed the Marines and I often wonder what stories the walls could tell. You could imagine the c*ck of the unit humping every one's wife and smirking at their husbands.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In the end, I didn't need it, thank gawd :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I turned the radio to mute, as my wife and I don't share the same delight in stations. She likes Radio 2, I like Classic FM.

While I was going to the loo and came back, I was informed that there was a snow problem in Cheshire. Come to drive through Cheshire and there were just the chevrons on the road, they never slow me down.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Come later in the month, I will get myself armed up with all the info about trains.

I would expect a blood bath, mine :-(

I can't blame you. If you had commented and she had read it, I would be in a blood bath.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the A32. I tried to find it with Autoroute but failed. I could be too tired after the long drive yesterday.

It doesn't happen in just backwaters. I had to go in town to do some shopping and the A6 had parked cars on the left and the right. Only one car could get through at a time in either direction.

Stupid bastards

Even more of a stupid bastard.

Reminds me of the first time I have been stuck in snow. Yesterday, I got stuck in about 6 inches of snow. It was my own fault, as I didn't make the the run forward and back up to run into it when I set off. Took about 2 mins to get out with the help of our daughter who was asking if I was using the gas pedal on a diesel. :-(

Car told me that the lowest temp was around Birmingham of minus 7.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

As does the Tescos that we occasionally frequent.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

It got to -14.6 here the same night I made that post. It's now an almost tropical -4.2.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Next time I can get into our local one, I'll take a look. Just been out for some decent DVD -R and couldn't get in to our local one.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yes, you make a good point there. With only a few teachers, they could keep the children occupied. Even I could entertain 50 children on my own. Not that I would want to though :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

RAOTFLMAO Do take care as to what you post, I usually have a drink in my hand. My key board is fast catching me up in the number of showers it has had in the last 6 months.

Dave

Reply to
Dave