Toilet waste near incoming electrics

Hi,

The previous owners of our house had a toilet installed in thei cupboard under the stairs. They also had the electrical meter, incoming main and fusboard on the floor next to it!

We had the house re-wired 5 years ago after moving in which removed the toilet, put the meter & incoming main on the back wall at the lowest point of the stairs and the fuse board moved into the hall.

Now we are looking to return the toilet to the cupboard, but following the re-wire the meter & incoming main were re-located close to the existing capped off toilet waste (photo attached).

We are thinking of building a small partitioned wall to house a concealed cistern which the 110mm waste pipe will go through joining a Single Socket Bend to connect to the waste exit. A small triangular shaped door will be added to the outside of the stairs to access the meter & incoming main keeping it seperate from the dowstairs toilet.

Plumber is coming around to have a look, but appreciate anybody's thoughts & input.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: 2.jpg | |Download:
AndyP99

You posted it to diy banter, and it's postage stamp sized and too dark to see anything other than a meter...where, in relation to the meter is the bog gonna be? Post it to tinypic or similar

Can't the 90 degree bend go onto the drain near the drain, then a short straight piece and another 90 degree bend upwards to pick up the toilet? - have the bends etc below the floor in other words

Reply to
Phil L

typo

Reply to
Phil L

Are all 4 mounting screws for the intake board accessible? You seem to have ample slack cable to move the intake board along/around to the right.

Provided it's located suitable so it can't be splashed there's no problem with having a service intake in a WC room.

The service intake however does have to remain fully accessible.

Owain

Reply to
Owain