Toilet leaking from waste outlet

Just recently our toilet has formed a small leak visible around the bottom of the pan. After a couple of days of cleaning and inspection i believe the water is passing past the seal on the flexible connector used to connect the pan to the soil pipe. I've just taken the toilet apart and found that the bottom half of the pan outlet has built up a layer of lime scale were waste water continually sits and this is what has caused the seal to pass. I've cleaned everything up and am ready to refit the toilet but i was wondering if anybody knew of anything i could paint or treat the outside of the outlet with to prevent the limescale building up again, the outlet has a rough unfinnished surface , and i was thinking that this was helping the lime scale build up quicker, i only fitted the toilet new 18 months ago.

Reply to
Rog11812

I asked the same question two days ago, inquiring whether applying Plumber's Mait was the way forward: not much response, but think the answer is yes! (or putty). Haven't done the job though yet I'm afraid!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Having had no problems - I believe that cleanliness is important as any grit interferes with the seals. Wipe with soapy water. I feel that putty will interfere with the flexing of the toilet / pipe.

Reply to
John