Toilet flush handle to flush unit connection - What's the secret?

Hi All, As subject, I can't seem to work out a long lasting fix to connect the lever arm on flush handle to the plastic column that operates the flush inside the cistern. Admittedly the wife does have the touch of a blacksmith at times but I seem to be fixing this every 4-6 months.

Fixes so far include cable ties, clothes hanger wire and plastic coated garden wire. What's the secret? Stainless steel wire, paracord, wife training?

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Telfer

Well they usually come with a piece of stiff wire (probably about 10-gauge) bent either into an 'S' or into a double-ended hook. These should last for a number of years before eventually rusting through and breaking. You can possibly buy replacements - or it's not too difficult to fabricate something similar.

Reply to
Roger Mills

The message from Jonathan Telfer contains these words:

Normally it's just a wire bent at each end.

Guy King