Thames Water "Water Supply Pipe Cover"

I keep getting mail from Thames Water promoting their "Water Supply Pipe Cover" Policy at a (reduced) annual £11.88 or £2.97 monthly by Direct Debit. Sounds a good idea .... But is it correct when TW state that the homeowner is responsible for repairs between the tap in the road all the way into the house? Covers up to £2000 incl. VAT per claim. Seems quite low considering the cost of work these days ..... Anyone ever claimed under this policy? I already have plumbing emergency cover from TW which is sensible in my view. I am sure it's priced to sell - the above is an introductory rate (£4 off). Thanks for your comments. Klaus High Wycombe

Reply to
Klaus Werner

Unless the house is pretty old and you have evidence of other propertied nearby needing supply pipe replacement, a better option is to set up a monthly standing order into an interest bearing account to cover unlikely expenditures like this. The same goes for domestic appliance insuraness.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes though I think the actual demarkation point is the property boundary rather than the actual stop tap. Generally these are at the boundary though.

Hum, anyone know for sure? Our stop tap is 25yds down the road about

20yds past our boundary...
Reply to
Dave Liquorice