Sealant problems

Having now fitted the bath a third time (dont ask)

I used Ever Build Everflex Bath & Kitchen Sealant around the bath edges

After 4 days in a centrally heated house (bathroom included) the sealant does not appear to have cured

I had a blob of Unibond bathroom and kitchen sealant in the bathroom that cured in 12 hours with a nice gloss appearance, feels like a rubber ball

But this everflex stuff is matt, still squishy and quite frankly bloody awful

So, Is the everflex a faulty batch, not curing, or does it finish up like this? I could leave a fingernail imprint in the seal around the bath and I'm pretty confident had I used the Unibond sealant, such an attempt to mark the sealant, it would have bounced back to shape.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Vass

Reply to
Vass

Found the answer the EverBuild stuff is not Silicon, so dries by losing the moisture in the sealant, whereas Silicon sealant reacts to oxagen and cures in 24hrs well I know now which to purchase in future !

Reply to
Vass