telephone extension, colour codes, surge protection.

Hi all,     please someone put me right. I've installed one of those multi way sockets with surge protection and it is also fitted with BT style telephone sockets. It is for computer use. Now the existing phone cable I wanted to 'hook' into so I have cut it and using an alarm conneting box joined the wires again like to like. The colours for this cable are standard BT colours, white/blue, blue/white, white/orange and orange/white. From this I want to take off an extension to the inlet BT socket on the multi socket. The cable for the modem then plugs into the corresponding outlet. The telephone cable I have gone to the trouble of putting beneath the floor boards (hence I done want to change it!) had at one end a BT style plug fitted. The colours in this 'extension cable' are non standard red, white, black and yellow. I can see that they are fitted to the plug run from left to right black, red, white, yellow... with the latch to the plug on the right. This is fitted to the inlet on the multi plug the other end I want to connect into the existing cable at the connector block. My question is which colour cables from this extension go to which colour cables in the existing BT cable at the block?
Any help or advise would be very much appreciated, sorry about the ramble but I wanted to try to make it clear (probably failed misserably!)
BashTin
paul wrote:

Have a look at the site below - it should give you all the info you need.
http://www.wppltd.demon.co.uk/WPP/Wiring/UK_telephone/uk_telephone.html
--
Cheers,

John.

See 'phone ext color of wires' which should still be on your ISP.
--
*Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.

Thanks for the help guys, got it sorted in the end.
Thats a pint I owe you both!