Telephone Extension Cable

Is it OK to run telephone extension cable normally sold for indoor use on the outside, or is there a specific cable for the job? It will be a far easier job for me to take the cable outside and back into the other side of the house than running it inside.

Thanks, Tony

Reply to
Tony Hayes

"Tony Hayes" wrote | Is it OK to run telephone extension cable normally sold for indoor use on | the outside, or is there a specific cable for the job? It will be a far | easier job for me to take the cable outside and back into the other side of | the house than running it inside.

There is special stuff sold for the job

Try

Owain

... but only after a long time and if the cable run is exposed to a lot of (sun)light. If, for example, it runs along under the eaves it will last for years with no problem.

Probably not quite so easy to come by as 'ordinary' telephone cable but I'm sure it's available.

Reply to
usenet