Teflon re-coating?

I've got a small George Foreman style grill (one of those that drains the fat into a saucer) on which the Teflon non-stick coating has worn away, causing food to stick to it. It's a pain in the arse to clean, but works fine otherwise.

Is there any way of renewing the non-stick coating, or is it time for a new grill?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Time for a new thing that is NOT teflon coated.

IME it lasts about 3 months before stuff starts to stick.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This stuff has been around for getting on 50 years and still people don't realise that "non-stick" simply means that it doesn't stick to the pan or whatever - simples!

Reply to
PeterC

remove the coating with an angle grinder and if you see iron or steel, season traditionally. If it's aluminium, forget it.

Reply to
Jón Fairbairn

About 15 to 20 years ago, there used to be a repair spray can on the market, but as ptfe is toxic in the wrong hands, it was withdrawn. Prior to this, the use, by shop floor, to repair ptfe was taken out of their hands and it could only be done by spray shop personnel. (BAe Tornado.)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In article , Dave writes

Thanks. That was the sort of thing I was thinking of.

Ah well. Consigned to the bin. Replacement was 10 quid from TJ Hughes. For that sort of money, I'm not gonna arse about.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In message , Dave writes

Someone gave me a can of this some years ago, and I've tried it a couple of times, following the instructions as closely as possible. The re-coating lasts only a very short time (and presumably some of the stuff that comes off ends up in your food). So even if available, I wouldn't recommend it.

Reply to
Clive Page