Tapered plastic shims???

I have a newly fitted replacement door sill (the old one was well rotted) which has a small (quarter inch or so) gap between it and the underlying brickwork and dpc. I have been wondering how to sort this out and someone suggested tapered plastic shims to hammer in and firm up the sill so I can then mortar it. Have looked around Screwfix and local "window-fitters mate" + eBay, with no joy. Any suggestions?

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

How about these?

johno

johno

Reply to
johno

They're the sort of thing you'll find in a shed in the laminate floors section - used to tighten them when laying. Usually called wedges.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)