Plastic Shims

Been using plastic shims for a while

packs are OK, but I want to buy a supply of 10mm only.

Found one supplier on the web at £10 per 100 +£9.80 postage!!!!!!! £9.80 (+VAT) to post 100 plastic shims worth about £2 to make.

Anyone know where I can buy one size at a sensible price & delivery charge?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I quite often use those, but run out of the smaller sizes first as I tend to use bits of scrap timber for larger gaps... if you want lots of

10mm thickness, isn't it easy enough just to chop up a lump of 10mm thick board and make yourself a stock?

David

Reply to
Lobster

There'll be a plastic building materials wholesaler on one of the industrial estates. They supply the spacers to double glazing installers along with all the plastic trim pieces.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Google 10mm plastic packers and you get hits like this

John

>>> Mixed packs are OK, but I want to buy a supply of 10mm only.

I want them for spacing ledger plates away from walls when building decks. Washers are a pain to use. I wanted plastic so they won't rot away.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I know it's not what you were asking for (don't you hate it when people do that? :-) but if you can't get a bucket full of 10mm spacers for reasonable wonga wouldn't suitable sections of PVC cladding do?

(I take it you've asked your local double-glazing fitters?)

Reply to
John Stumbles

In the 'window trade' the spacers they use are referred to as Flat Packers, but only seem to go up to 6mm, as the frames are only supposed to be 10mm smaller than the brick to brick gap, i.e. 5mm per side. It may be worth asking at a local uPVC suppliers if 10mm are available or you could use two

5mm ones together.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Dave

Try wizer wurth. I know in the local tc they do all sort, but not sure of the sizes.

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Dawson