System and Conventional Condensing Boilers - Clarification Please

Two Glow Worm 30cxi combis will give 24.6 litres/min @ 35C temp rise and consume 198 cu foot per hour. And the cost of the two? £1134.92. Great value, and great performance. Fill a large bath in about 4 minutes.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Mmmmm.... I'm not sure whether to say that you are a one, or a number two really.

If you mean the one on pp31, it's a set of data for water flow rates vs. input and output temperature. Did you mean that page or something else?

Oh come off it, even you know that that doesn't fly. The two systems in use here (SEDBUK and the continental Europe one) are quite clearly defined. If it's 95% for a condensing boiler on the 109% efficiency scale, then the figure is crap for this product. I would be inclined to believe the number because of the archaic secondary condensor design. Even you have said that regarding boilers sold here before.

Of course. That's why I didn't think for one moment that it would be

95% on a SEDBUK type of scale when everything here is 90-91%.

The design is archaic. This is not the great product that you claim.

Oh please.

I have. You look again. Remember also that there is a difference between imperial and U.S. gallons.....

Let's be honest. The product's a piece of junk, isn't it?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm not even going to bother to respond to that nonsense.

Reply to
Andy Hall

A Glow Worm 18SXI, 60,00 btu/hr system boiler = £687 A 300 litre Megaflow Systemfit unvented cylinder complete with valves, stats, etc = £1515 Total = £2201

No contest. The two condensing combi's win hands down. A saving of £1067, and never run out of hot water. Great eh!!!

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

You have been told. SEDBUK means nothing to a multi-point. It doesn't do space heating.

SEDBUK scale? The scale is to 109%

It is very efficient. I believe Rinnai have better models, but not yet available outside of Japan.

You don't like hobs?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

< snip drivel from an electric caber tosser >

Now put those DO NOT USE labels back on your gas appliances. The ones you took off.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Do you mean is doesn't deliver 24.6 litres/min and only costs £1134.92?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Yes I know. I was simply mentioning two scales. On the data sheet of this appliance that you believe to be so great, there is not even a reference to the measurement method.

One could deduce the output to water from the flow rate figures, but if the manufacturer can't be bothered to state efficiency methods used then it's not impressive.

Exactly, which makes the efficiency crap.

Crap. 95% on a scale of 109% when typical European boilers are managing 106%?

You're having a laugh.

WHat about the oven, the gas fire,......

This is a nonsense product in terms of any possible UK application....

Reply to
Andy Hall

More figures plucked from the ether...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You can't cook pies on a hob :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I've often wondered why John is so easily conned by maker's ads and heavily optimistic specs, given he appears to have a rough idea how such things should be measured?

Perhaps he's on a mission to misinform?

Certainly if he'd ever installed such things with statements like 'this will fill your bath with piping hot water in 4 minutes' no one would ever pay the bill...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Our resident inverted senile electric caber tosser is wondering again. A bad sign.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Our resaiden t electrioc cabertopkoser is at iot again. Go to the Glow Worm web site and download the installation instructions - all is there. Brill eh!

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

106% on "peak" efficiency". All boilers and multi-points can boast peak efficiencies. My non-condensing Microgenus gives 91% peak, yet sedbuk say seaonal 80%.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Stop trying to confuse the story. Your attempt at obfuscation won't wash. The measurement methods are clearly defined, and manufacturer's "peak" numbers are not meaningful unless the test parameters are clearly defined.

How come you have a non-condensing boiler? Would the plume be a nuisance on the stairwell of the tower block?

Reply to
Andy Hall

The confudion is in your head.

If you know enough you can keep a non-condesning boiloer at "peak" efficiency. Mating to a heat bank with appropriate controls will do this.

Wrong man here. You should direct them at the inverted, senile, electric caber tosser who has a thing about sink estates.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

So it says it will fill a large bath in about four minutes?

Very scientific, that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Very. Turn on taps and look at watch and water level. Even Einstein could do that. Boy is this one senile.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

But Einstein would have been used to cold baths?

I'm sorry my senility requires things to be defined accurately.

Hope you're senile soon...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Cold bath = cold water Hot bath = hot water

There you are.

Keep hoping, an eternity away. Do you go the therapy for your condition?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil