Suggestions for electronically controlled radiator valves

Hi,

Does anyone know where I might get a cheapish controllable or motorised valve for a radiator (not a thermostatic valve).

I'm looking to control rads from my PC to turn on or off rooms remotely and/or have individually controlled temperature zones.

Cheers

Reply to
iswconsult

motorised

remotely

Use a standard zone valve powered by an X-10 (control over the mains) controller. My morning cup of tea has been programmed reliably from the computer using the X-10 system switching on a kettle for the past

5 years!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

The 'standard' hack is to wire a small power resistor to the sensing element of the TRV. Then, turn the TRV up to the maximum ever demanded temperature. Applying the correct amount of power will then alter the setting. Applying on/off power, will turn it on or off.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

find PRE9500.

They work - I'm using several with Horstmann Centaurstat 7 programmable room stats, wired so that the valves are normally open, but powered closed when the room is up to temperature.

Reply to
Autolycus

In message , Autolycus writes

NO experience of but Myson also make this sort of thing. Any ideas of prices for the Prefect or Myson ones anyone?

Reply to
Clint Sharp

The Prefect ones were about 23 quid 3 or 4 years ago. They're made by Sauter (model AXT 111), but at the time it was cheaper to buy them from Prefect than from a BM.

Reply to
Autolycus