Floor power sockets and cable runs

I am at the moment wiring up our new dining room extension with powe

sockets, I would like x2 floor power and light sockets side by side a either end of the new dining room in the floor. The oversite floo substructure is there and a 2 inch conrete screed is going to be lai over the top of that. Before the screed is laid I would like to plac the floor sockets in the right places. Is there any reason or regulation why the cable cannot be placed on th oversite with either a covering or PVC or steel conduit? This would the be ready for the 2 inch screed to go on top. I have asked my loca building control officer but he's going to get back to me on Monda next week. My builder wants to lay the screed on Tuesday. I have t make my decision on the cabling before Monday so the building contro officer can come and approve it.

Please help. Davi

-- mcready

Reply to
mcready

Lay a bit of waste pipe, and thread the cables in later. The cables must be removable for future maintance, when you drill the floor one day.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I would get an electrician who is familiar with installing screwed steel conduit systems to come and lay the boxes for you, linked with steel conduit. This is the proper way of doing it, and then the conduit doesn't need to be deeper than 2" below the floor surface (which sounds like it would be difficult if the screed is only 2"). If the BCO doesn't see it before the screed goes down, make sure you take some pictures.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If you are sticking that close to the regulations, they must also be

450,mm from the ground.

BTW there is no requirement to have cabling removable.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks guys, had my hands full after my previous post. Sacked my plumbe

for doing a shoddy job and ended up having to do a double line partition wall that my buiilder was going to charge me £1000 for. O top of that do my day job. Well I laid down the cable, steel conduit and the boxes, the BCO cam and passed the first fix. Great. We can now lay the 3 inch - Little bi more than I thought - screed.

Once again thanks. David

-- mcready

Reply to
mcready