Stuff it - this is ridiculous

We're regarded as elderly but our thermostat is set at 4C and turned off completely during the night, it hasn't come on since the snow and we're not cold.

Wool clothing and a hot water bottle are the answer. And no, we don't look like M. Michelin!

That's insulation of the body, insulation of the house is even more important and free for the elderly. Sadly we can't take advantage of that, we insulated ours many years ago when it cost.

The power companies won't be gleeful about our payments either, we use well below the local average of gas and electricity.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

false.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , Mike Tomlinson writes

But the may referred to is not the month, it is the flower.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

I could handle that if I thought June, July, August would be any better ...

Reply to
Bob Martin

I'm not sure if you're saying that tongue-in-cheek, but something I remember years ago from a WaterBoard bod on the radio was that the ideal conditions to keep the reservoirs (and presumably aquafers too) topped up was a steady drizzle. Mind you, 8 months of heavy downpour did manage to raise the aquafer levels to about 6" above ground level which was desperately needed. Hopefully properly topped up we can now look forward to another several years without endless rain (and I don't, as a rule, mind it, but last year took the ....!)

Scott

Reply to
Scott M

I remember clearly the week early in the year where they announced they were contemplating hosepipe bans because a) it was when the days were still about 8 hours long and b) it started p'ing down the next week and didn't stop! Mind you, now you mention it, I must have been fettling brake pipes with my new, whizzy pipe flanging tool[1] in June and it was nice then. Odd for June; my abiding memories of Junes past are wrapping up more than I would in February!

Scott

[1] OB DIY!
Reply to
Scott M