This is getting ridiculous

So I picked up the Festool TS55 at that garage sale a couple weeks back, and I wanted to compare it to the DeWalt tracksaw that I had seen in a local building supply house. eBay is always a good place to find DeWalt tools, so I...found none. Not a one. Huh? Nobody is selling one used? None of the eBay DeWalt people are selling them new? What gives?

So then I start Googling and ran across this:

It's fookin' automatic! I want one. Christmas is coming up, and you cheap bastards didn't get me anything for my birthday, so bust open those piggybanks and chip in and get me one and I promise to act surprised.

I really liked the auto-return feature. I am trying to figure out how to get my hands on one, just so I can whip it out on a job site and freak people out.

That's odd, I could almost swear I'm hearing drops of water hitting the...oh. Robatoy wants one too!

RicodJour

And for only three grand too!! And when the saw returns, the blade lifts out of the groove, I wonder if it serves coffee too?

They do hve a cheaper one for about $700 that comes in 110 and 240 volt saws.

I am happy that there are more choices out there. Festool needs the competition. Still a bit rich for me though.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

It would be chaeper to find some one that cuts boards better than you to make your cuts for you. LOL

Reply to
Leon

No he doesn't. He wants one of these:

Robatoy

Bor-ing! I didn't think you wore button-down collars and wingtips on the job, but it appears I was wrong.

You need something with pop, snap and pizzazz. I'd like to see you bring that to the job site to blow the owner's mind.

RicodJour

No he doesn't. He wants one of these:

I can say is Wow..amazing features and only $57,500 for those too busy to take a look!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

To steal Robatoy's refrain... I couldn't be bothered to look. In the time it would take me to look I could have installed a sunburst Swanstone lavabo and made $60,000. :)

RicodJour

No Swanstone EVER!. That stuff is crap.

Reply to
Robatoy

What about Silestone? I like our countertop. Is going on 8 or 9 years now.

Reply to
Han

you could even put a target on it, and practice while you cut!

shelly

Reply to
smandel

Silestone is quartz. Excellent material for countertops. Swanstone is fibreglass/compound mix. Just awful stuff.

Reply to
Robatoy

I LIKE it!

RicodJour

Now I really feel better!! Bedankt Robatoy!

Reply to
Han