Stripping door frames

Whats the quickest less painful :) way of strippipng a door frame ?

I've tried it with a heat gun and it literally takes a looooong time.

First time today I tried Nitromoors which took a long time but did not manage to bubble of some of the paint so the heat gun came out again ?

Probly be quicker and cheaper ripping them out and getting a carpeten to rebuild them! :) but they charge a fortune no doubt .. not good as I'm trying to do it low budget :)

Advice welcomed on how to do this a little less laboriously :) .. thank you trusty mp3 player who kept me company :)

Reply to
Matthew.Ridges

Nylon mesh disc in an angle grinder isnt too bad

NT

Reply to
Tabby

In message , Matthew.Ridges writes

A long time because it was fiddly because of the mouldings, or because the paint wasn't softening well? Some older paints/finishes can be a bugger to get off.

A second go with the Nitromors, or use one of the gel strippers that you cover with clingfilm and leave for sometime.

Sometimes it does just take a while, it can be a tedious job. we have a couple of chaps here doing some stripping and repair/repainting of Victorian sash windows (which probably have never been stripped by the look of it) It's taking them ages.

Reply to
chris French

Matthew.Ridges said the following on 08/10/2010 21:06:

Why are you stripping them?

For painting, varnishing, some other reason?

How bad are they? Are they beyond sanding down and painting?

Cheers Charles

Reply to
Charles C