Thought Fugenboy an odd name

Try this for size then ...

Bolted

assumed 'ass' meant something like 'ace'

Reply to
JTM

There's an ace of spades on the image. This got me curious, and I found this:

Fugen??? Lit. universally good (Sk: Samantabhadra)

From Japanese Buddhism. Perhaps the origin?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

that seem to cause amusement to others.(I have had them for years and they have not broken)

Reply to
F Murtz

F Murtz gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I've got an English-language brochure for the Chinese market, locally- built Citroen ZX saloon.

The DongFeng Fukang 988.

The text keeps referring to "the Fukang car"...

Reply to
Adrian

Given that "fugen" is the German verb for "to caulk", I'd wonder. (And "ass" is in fact German for "ace")

Reply to
Jón Fairbairn

I was obviously wrong about the Buddhism.

Now, who can get me a go on the Gorch Fock?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Pseudonym of a German fisherman and author who seems to have been their Conrad, and the two ships were named after him. However I've no idea what it meant.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

In several Scandinavian languages a fock is a jib (as in foresail).

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

And "Ficklover" is a bar of chocolate IIRC

Reply to
geoff