MDF Door Frames

I am installing door frames on a supporting wall, and thus regular sized frame kits don't fit. I was looking at ripping either pine or MDF to the right width. The door frame will be painted white. I'm a bit concerned that MDF might be to soft -- is that true, or is it sufficient?

John

Reply to
John Smith

In my opinion, nobody should use mdf for anything, certainly not anything structural. By "door frame" do you mean "door jamb"? If so, yes, rip pine to the correct width, or, you could maybe find a jamb kit which was too wide and rip it down.

Reply to
donald girod