is quite apt and not related.

Reply to
dennis

I liked that.

Reply to
Ericp

office door!) are:

Bob Eager

Well, I looked at the home page ("airfoil") on that site and just found out the school description of how wings work (faster air over the top so less pressure, and the air must join back up at the far side) is actually wrong (or at least vastly over simplified). I never thought to question it. But then, how does an aircraft fly upside down? No idea why that question never popped into anyones heads at school !

At bit like A-level chemistry. I soon gave up trying to understand a few things from first principles, since you came to a different answer than the text book. I thought I was being thick, and it turned out I was the genius after all ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I got to

and thought, yep, know that scenario well...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Dont go there.

It transpires that actually the Bernoulli equations are for inviscid fluids and wings would never work in inviscid gases.

I do more or less understand the issues, but do you REALLY want to?

Yep.

I remember physics..'all motion is relative'...Ok..I thought. No. It can't be

'Sir?' '..yes boy?' 'If all motion is relative, and I spin round and my arms fly out and I get dizzy, what am I spinning relative TO?' Very long silence.

'The integral of the fixed mass of the rest of the Universe'.

Bastard had a PHD in atomic physics so never likely to catch him out, but that was the longest he ever took to answer..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher