Steel for concrete breaker?

I've just picked up a full sized concrete breaker as my drive has resisted the sledge hammer/sds/angle grinder and kangoo. :-(

I need a " steel" for it however but like yesterday as I've a skip to finish filling asap.

Is there anywhere I can get one after 5pm or am I best walking up the road before work with tenner to the bypass that's under construction? ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

A steel? - do you mean a bit? - AFAIK the only place you will get one is from a hire shop...as an aside, how deep is the concrete that a kango wouldn't break? - I've removed reinforced 9 inch stuff with a small kango...although a banjack (jackhammer) makes things easier and quicker

Reply to
Phil L

It's the Kangoo that's "tired", a dodgy Ebay buy. :-(

I thought stuff it I've better things to do so have gone for something that will do it all asap. :-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

In message , Mark S. writes

Not too long ago I bought a Kango 900 and was highly disappointed with it's effectiveness. After reading up on it, it seems these things need servicing every hours. Apparently the new models actually have a "service" required LED built in. Something to do with a "grease pack" on the output side of the compressor or something (far too technical for me).

I took it to my local tool shop who worked their magic giving it a "service" (60quid+vat). It's now like a different tool. Admittedly it's not a great big breaker like the council guys have wake you up at 3am, but it does atleast now live up to its reputation.

Hth

Reply to
somebody